Spiritual Algarve with Jamina Ann Silva

As with my previous interviewees, I met Jamina during my "previous life" as a bookseller. Those who know me well, know that I love the idea of a spirit world, of something or someone looking after us from beyond. Yet, I'm very much a "see it to believe it" type of person, or, as my best friend likes to call me a "Doubting Thomas". I've seen and experienced a lot of stuff I cannot explain (but I sure keep on trying). Jamina is one of those people who I had the pleasure of meeting in my daily life and also consulted her on a few occasions (I couldn't help it!). Let me introduce her to you:

Jamina, your mother is English and your father was Portuguese. Growing up were you aware that you were part of two very different cultures? 

I didn't really feel a big difference, but yes I was aware that I was living two different cultures. However, they were lived in a very natural way, we all spoke Portuguese and English at the same time. It was confusing for those outside listening, but for us it was normal.

Have you ever lived in the UK? 

I lived in the UK up to the age 6, and then again from 2004 to 2007 in Devon, Sidmouth, but I was born in Surrey.

When did you start taking an interest in the spiritual world?

I was about 15 years old. As a child I was always very quiet, sensitive and observant, very much in my own world. Then, as a teenager I started to open up and it was around that time that I started to naturally develop my intuition and take an interest in healing. This included tarot cards and mediumship. I really felt it was my path and I was right. It was a inner knowing that took me to where I am now.

What therapies do you practise and teach? 

At the moment my work is based on tarot, astrology and mediumship readings.  I also run a lot of meditation groups with various different themes, as well as yoga classes for adults and children. I'm also available to teach spiritual development and tarot.

How busy are you nowadays? 

Very, very busy! The Portuguese are very open to my work. I started professionally in the year 2002 and have never stopped.

If you moved to the UK what place would you choose? 

Not sure. I love living here in Portugal, but I can say it would have to be somewhere near the sea and with lots of nature near by.

What's it like to live in Alvor (Portugal)? 

It's lovely if you have work and I am very thankful that I have. It's beautiful with the beaches, outdoor cafes and it's safe. Alvor is very busy in the summer and then it goes quieter. It's very peaceful.

I'm going to ask you this question because I know your work ethics, how immensely dedicated and true you are to do the work you do. Is there a story you'd like to share of amazing synchronicity?

 I always follow my intuition so there are always many synchronicity and spiritual stories happening in my life. For example, many years ago I was in Lisbon for the first time and my inner voice said straight away "you will be living here one day"; at the time I didn't think much of it, as I didn't even want to leave Alvor. However, 10 years later life led me to Lisbon. It was a very important time for me, because it also lead me to work on a well known online spiritual channel - where I still work -  and projected me on to the national TV to speak about my work. Everything happens for a reason and at the right time. We just got to be aware of the signs the universe sends us.

What advice would you give to people who would like to make a start on a spiritual path? 

You have to really love what you choose to do, and work from the soul, but also have your feet firmly on the ground. It's also very important to do everyday things and look after yourself so that you can truly help others. You can't live in "spirit" all the time. It's a very beautiful path but you have to be very strong within yourself and respect your own energy and that means knowing how to say no at times.

If anyone coming on holiday to the Algarve want to book a session with you, how can they find you and how long in advance do they need to book?

You can find me on Facebook. I have a page with my name, and a web site but I'm afraid, it's in Portuguese www.jamina.wix.com/jamina or by email silvajaminaathotmail.com
Generally, it's always best to book at least with 3 weeks in advance.

Thank you, Jamina.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment